Wanted: A Volunteer Liaison to the Dutchess County Commission on Human Rights
The Town of Stanford is looking for a Volunteer Liaison to the Dutchess County Commission on Human Rights. This person would:
- Represent the Town to the Commission and provide input and perspectives to the Commission as may be beneficial
- Communicate to the Town Board on a frequently basis concerning the nature, purpose, goals and activities of the Commission and the responsibilities of its members.
- Invite members of the Commission who reside in eastern Dutchess County to attend meetings of the Town of Stanford to speak about their membership on the Council and its work.
- Provide information to the Town Board and the public regarding events sponsored by the Commission [and recommended resource organizations] and invite participation of Stanford residents.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Commission as may be practicable and report to the Town Board and public
- Consider participation in one of the Commission’s Work Groups as a Town Liaison volunteer.
The commitment of time for this volunteer position s is anticipated to be 5-8 hours per month.