Stanford Historical Society President:
25 E. Hunns Lake Road
Stanfordville, NY 12591
Bangall Post Office has been added to register of New York State’s Historic Places and the National Register of Historic Places!
The Stanford Historical Society is very proud to announce that the State Board for Historic Preservation has added the Bangall Post Office to the register of State Historic Places on March 13, 2014 and then added to the National Register of Historic Places as of May 19, 2014!
The Bangall Post Office was constructed in 1915 by the postmaster in a location convenient to the rail line and still operates as a post office. The next step is to be put on the National Register of Historic Places, which should occur in about three months.
The post office building is owned by the Stanford Historical Society, which maintains exhibits in its interior that represent life in the community during an earlier time. The building was constructed specifically to be Bangall’s first freestanding post office.
The Historical Society conducts informational programs at the Stanford Town Hall. As they are planned, they will be announced.