Dutchess County is Collecting Supplies to Assist Ukraine.
Poughkeepsie … Dutchess County, in partnership with the Afya Foundation, will be hosting a humanitarian supply collection site to gather items to help those affected by the invasion in Ukraine, including wounded soldiers, civilians and refugees. Donations will be collected at the former JCPenney location (lower level) at the Poughkeepsie Galleria at 2001 South Road (Route 9) in Poughkeepsie over the next two weekends.
Donation collection schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, March 12th from 9am-1pm
- Friday, March 18th from 1pm-5-pm
- Saturday March 19th from 9am-1pm
No appointment is necessary and Dutchess County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteers will be on hand to assist those bringing donations.
Afya has provided a specific list of needed items. Only new, unopened and non-expired goods will be accepted from the list below. No other supplies are being collected at this time. Needed supplies are as follows:
- Flashlights and Flashlight batteries
- Baby and Adult Diapers
- First Aid Kits
- Face Masks
- Hand Sanitizer
- Personal Hygiene Kits (Soap, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Floss, Deodorant, Shampoo, Razors and shaving cream)
- Basic Health Supplies (Aspirin, Acetaminophen, Cough medicine, Oximeters, Ace bandages and Compression bandages)