Phase II of the Re-Starting Dutchess begins today.
[Photograph courtesy of Bowen Barn]
Here is a recap of what that entails:
- All instore retail activities can resume, operating within 50% capacity, and taking protective measures such as 6′ distancing between customers, the wearing of masks and the availability of hand sanitizer. Our stores have suffered greatly, and if ever there was a time to SHOP LOCAL, it is now! Bowen’s Barn, Bulls Head Treasures, Roosters 82, McCarthy’s, Big Rock Market, and all other retail shops will be open for business.
- Out-door dining is now allowed at our restaurants, and they are working to comply with the guidelines that State has set for table distancing and social distancing. For example, there can be outdoor bars but customers cannot congregate at the bars. You will need to take your drinks back to your tables. Uncle Sonny’s, Coyote Flaco and D’Sarno Pizza are all participating
- Offices are reopening, again with 50% capacity, 6′ distancing and masks if closer than 6′ Offices are encouraged to post social distancing markers
- Real Estate offices are open
- Vehicle sales are open
- Hair salons and barber shops are open which is a great thing since we all are looking like Woolly Mammoths
- Drive in movie theaters are still the only movie theaters that are open