The next meeting of the Comprehensive Plan Review Committee will be held on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM via Zoom teleconference. The public is welcome to attend. The link for the Zoom meeting is:
The Comprehensive Plan Review Committee will meet Tuesday, July 13 at 7 PM in the Town Hall. The main agenda item will be review of oral and written comments on the draft Comprehensive Plan. Committee member Jeff Spiers will be attending by teleconference from 25 E Hunns Lake Road, Stanfordville, NY 12581. Committee member James Sansum will attend by teleconference from 212 Taft Street, Port Townsend, WA 98368.
Zoom lnk for meeting:
When: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 7:00 PM-9:00 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
The Comprehensive Plan Review Committee will hold a Public Hearing on the Draft Comprehensive Plan on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 7 PM in the Town Hall.
HERE ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR THE PUBLIC HEARING
Procedure for the June 28 public hearing on the draft Comprehensive Plan:.
- People who want to speak will sign up at the door.
- We will allow people into the room until the maximum of 35 is reached.
- When the meeting begins, we will begin calling on people from the sign-up list. (A second list will be started at the door for those who arrive later.)
- If the room is full, and more people outside are on the list to speak, we will ask those who have spoken to leave so that others can have their turn.
- Speakers will be allowed 5 minutes.
- If someone who is on the list to speak wishes to cede their time to another speaker, they may do so.
- If someone’s time runs out and they have more to say, they can put their name at the end of the speaker list and wait for another turn to speak.
- The meeting will continue for as long as people wish to speak.
You can view and download the Draft Comprehensive Plan here:Stanford Comp Plan Book_web version (1).
Paper copies of the plan are available at the Stanford Free Library and the Town Clerk’s office at the Town Hall. These are for use on-site only.
Oral comments can be made at the public hearing, or written comments can be submitted by email to
or by mail to
Stanford Comprehensive Plan Review Committee, Stanford Town Hall, Stanfordville, NY 12581
“A summary of the comments made at the May 3, 2021 public meeting are here :Public Meeting Oral Comments_May_3_2021 and the written comments received are here: Written comments on Draft Comprehensive Plan as of May 9 2021 (003) The Committee responses to these comments are detailed in the minutes of the May 11, 2021 meeting, posted below.”
Prior Actions and Information
Comprehensive Plan Review Committee
Please read revised Draft Comprehensive Review Plan HERE
VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETING ON DRAFT COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
The Comprehensive Plan Review Committee will hold a virtual public meeting to hear comments about the Draft Comprehensive Plan [formerly called “Master Plan”].
The meeting will be held Monday, May 3, at 7:00 PM via Zoom.
To view the Draft Comprehensive Plan:
- Download it as a PDF file :_Stanford Comp Plan Book_web version
- This is a large file [about 90 Mb] and may take a long time to download on a slow internet line. The individual chapters can be downloaded separately
- The document is most easily read with two pages displayed side-by-side. In Adobe Reader, click on View>Page display>Two page scrolling.
- Paper copies of the Draft Plan are available for viewing on-site at the Stanford Free Library or at Town Hall in the Town Clerk’s Office.
To attend the virtual meeting: https://zoom.us/j/98425912610
Or you can join by telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or 877 853 5247 (Toll Free) or 888 788 0099 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0276 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0282 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 984 2591 2610
To comment on the Draft Plan:
To speak at the meeting, please fill out the Speakers Form Here
Only those who sign up by 5 PM on May 2 will be invited to speak. Speakers will be allowed 2 minutes each.
We welcome written comments through May 6, 2021. Please include your name and address.
We prefer that you email comments to email@example.com
You can also send comment by US mail to:
Comprehensive Plan Review Committee Stanford Town Hall 26 Town Hall Road, Stanfordville, NY 12581
Comments must be received by May 6, 2021
Instruction on connecting to the May 3 public meeting will be provided here soon.
NEXT STEPS AFTER THE PUBLIC MEETING
After the meeting, the Committee will reconvene to discuss the oral and written comments received. The Committee will revise the Draft Plan as necesssary, and then will submit the Comprehensive Plan to the Town Board. The Town Board will schedule and hold a public hearing on the Plan, and then vote on whether to adopt it.
COMPRESENTIVE PLAN REVIEW COMMITTEE – BACKGROUND
Stanford is currently operating under a Master Plan that was written in 1980. In an effort to update the Town’s planning, the Master Plan Committee produced a Draft Master Plan in 2012. Written and oral comments about the plan at that time indicated that some residents had objections to parts of the Draft Plan, and a committee was established to review the comments and recommend changes. That committee began the work but did not finish before being disbanded. A new Comprehensive Plan Review Committee is now finishing this task. (Note that we have changed the title from “Master Plan” to “Comprehensive Plan” to better align with the language used by other communities and NY State. ) We have reviewed the comments received and have changed the Draft Plan substantially to reflect those comments and changes in the community since 2021.
Members of the Comprehensive Plan Review Committee are:
- Gary Lovett, Chairperson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tom Angell
- Richard Bell
- Karen Mosher
- James Sansum
- Conrad Levenson
- Jeffrey Spiers
- Wendy Burton is our Town Board liaison
- Rosemarie Miner is the committee secretary
- Nina Peek and Madeleine Helmer from AKRF, Inc. are our planning consultants
THE STANFORD COMPREHENSIVE PLAN 2021 DRAFT Preserving our Rural Character and Advancing Economic Vitality_